March 19, 2013

In the Mind's Eye

     Many people talk about super natural experiences they can't explain. Seeing a random outline of something that looks remotely human now and again in their home or things not being where you swear you left them. I've always wanted to believe and not believe at the same time. As a kid I swore my great grandma lived in our basement after she passed away. Why should would choose the dark, damp, basement of a rambler nowhere near where she had lived her life I never could figure out. I remember playing in our cool basement on the concrete floor with the walls painted with 70's stripes. On either side were two louvered doors, one leading to the laundry room and the other the storage room. I would often turn on the light in the laundry room when I would play in the basement because something just didn't feel right. Before heading upstairs I'd flip the light off, race to the top of the stairs, feet pounding them like my life depended on it, whip around and shut the basement light off. My heart racing, like I'd just been chased up the stairs by one of those monsters from the movie Critters, I'd stare back down the stairs in shock that the laundry room light was on.

     Over the years and even as a young adult I felt something wasn't right about that basement. As a kid I would start to pay extra close attention and care to turning off the light in the laundry room. It never failed, I'd reach the top of the stairs and the light would be on! Never could explain it and didn't confess this to my mother until just a few years ago. This brings me to my most recent experience. The house I currently live in gave me a funny feeling long before I moved in while dating my other half. Again something just wasn't right. A few weeks ago I awoke from a very deep sleep. One of those awakenings where you aren't sure if you are really still asleep or awake. As I started to come to I saw what seemed to be a light from something like an ambulance or police car whirling and flashing through the crack in the curtains. There was someone standing at the window looking outside to see what was going on. I started to call my other half's name when I realized the man standing there, tall, dark haired, and very thin couldn't have been my boyfriend. I ducked my head under the covers and went back to sleep.
     Come to find out my boyfriend has felt and seen similar things elsewhere in our home! Eeeek! Ha! We accidentally discovered this over dinner one night when I again confessed my sighting. No harm has come of us and I've been told to leave well enough alone. Maybe just a young man passing through his childhood home, who knows.
     I think I do know that the universe is a complex place and certainly energy knows no end. I also know I don't watch scary movies because they get stuck in my head, ha! Poke fun at me if you will but no doubt some of you have experienced similar things you cannot explain. I just wanted to share my story because I keep getting freaked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment