January 30, 2012

Recipie for Success


I was asked recently to think back over my life thus far and jot down any accomplishments or acheivements I was proud of and ENJOYED doing. Doesn't sound like a difficult task really until you start thinking about that word, enjoyed. Sure plently of us were mathletes, spelling bee champs, athletes and so on, but how many of our accomplishments were acheived because they were expect or better yet demanded of us. Deep down who is the real you, what did YOU do that you felt good about becasue it was a reflection of your inner spirit. I've started a journey of soul searching to find out about the real me. The me that will try and fail and the me that will try, fail, and pick myself up and move on and somehow stumble across my calling. Sometimes we find out we are right where we're supposed to be we're just going about it the wrong way and sometimes we find out just the opposite. So for your reading enjoyment, and I challenge you to this test of your wills too, a list of the things I have been most proud of during my short 33 years.

(Segment your life into three categories or more like I did below and then try to come up with a minimum of 5 accomplishments or acheivements that your really truly and honestly enjoyed doing.)


Accomplishments
Childhood
Earned lots of Girl Scout badges and stayed in G.S. from 1st to 8th grade.

Held second chair flute for 6th, 7th and 8th grade.

Won 5 awards my senior year of high school for my art.

Being elected to our youth church council for a year.

Attended 19 youth conferences in high school.

Was voted pfoof master my senior year of high school. (Don't ask.)

Traveled across the country to attend national youth conferences by myself.


Young Adulthood
Researched colleges and found one to attend on my own.

Was awarded college scholarship by the theatre department.

Designed and created sets for several theatre productions in college.

Helped design, plan, and build a room for an ASID showcase house and had it featured in a Chicago paper.

Spent several semesters as a life model for an art class at my college.


Adulthood
Bought a car on my own.

Packed up and moved to Minnesota a week after graduating college.

Had two of my kitchens published in magazines.

Was invited to judge a National Kitchen and Bath competition.

Volunteered to present about becoming a designer to a group of design students.

Won 5 customer service awards at Expo Design Center.

Survived a divorce and made new friends because of it.

Lost 20lbs and kept it off and discovered that I like working out in group fitness classes.

Participated in two polar plunges to raise money for a local zoo’s polar bear habitat.

No comments:

Post a Comment