February 2, 2012

Make a Statement

As I mentioned I love unique fun finds no matter if it's food, clothing, jewelry, art, or otherwise related. Though I'm not a girly girl in the traditional sense, my Mother couldn't get me to wear a dress to save my life as a kid, I've learned to embrace my 5' 10" athletic or ummm maybe curvy frame. I love to wear heels and dwarf my competition and find new fun hair products, makeup, and especially shoes. I thought I'd share a few of my most recent finds that I think everyone should have.

First the boots. OH the boots. I waited months to purchase these as they are a bit spendy. Though when you live in Minnesota you basically live in boots for 6 months of the year. The splurge can be worth it to get them to last a few seasons and keep you warm and stylish at the same time.

I am in love with these Dansko Brinkley boots. They have a nice little platform to keep the leather up out of the slush and salt and a low enough heel that I can wear them to work everyday.
http://www.zappos.com/dansko-brinkley








Next up is this fantastic little dress from Maurices. I'd never in a million years think putting stripes on my Amazon woman frame could work but the diagonal stripes work wonders and both the print and material are so flattering. Paired with a sweater bolero jacket, the above boots, and a fun colored statement piece of jewelry and you've got yourself a great feel good outfit for work, dinner out, or a night on the town with the girls. The best part is it's sleeveless. I can see getting lots of miles out of this little dress in the summer too.
http://www.maurices.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12369945


Ok and this last little fun find is the new Infiniti by Conair® You Style Multi-Functional Styling Iron. My old iron bit the dust in all it's smoking glory so I was on the market for a new tool. This thing is fantastic. I was completely skeptical that it would be easy to use or deliver on soft curled waves but it did. After a little practice the end result are soft, gentle, slightly curled waves. This is a great alternative to strong curls that always make me feel like I am 12 on my way to Easter dinner. A little bit more grownup of a style. I found mine at Target and was well worth the investment.
http://www.conair.com/infiniti-by-conair-you-style-multi-functional-styling-iron-p-761-1_73_12.html

Happy styling!


No comments:

Post a Comment